from manufacturer of the Stabilisator to the global expert in motion control History
History as a prerequisite for a successful future
For its future, Stabilus is determined to set clear trends as the world market leader in intelligent motion control technology. In other words, to build on its successful history of nearly nine decades.
- Foundation of Stabilus in Koblenz, Germany
- Stabilus starts series production of gas springs
- Facilities opened in Spain, Italy, England, the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil
- Expansion into Asia: sales branches in Singapore and Japan
- Series production of electromechanical systems for opening and closing of side doors and trunk lids and hatches
- Listing of Stabilus S. A. on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- (May 23, 2014)
- Acquisition of ACE, HAHN Gasfedern, Fabreeka, and Tech Products
- Acquisition of General Aerospace, Clevers, and Piston
- First automotive industry order for series production of the new and unique
- temperature-compensating gas spring
- Restructuring into Stabilus SE. Record year with 1.1 billion euros in sales revenue and advancement to the MDAX.
The story continues:
- “Keep at it! Even as a global market leader, we cannot risk resting on our laurels.”
- Quote: Dr. Michael Büchsner, Group CEO at Stabilus Group
Industries and applications
Endless versatility. Stabilus products provide controlled motion across a broad spectrum of industries. Wherever this is needed – be it for opening, closing, lifting, lowering, holding, or damping – we are the provider of safety, ease of use, and noise and wear reduction.
Technologies and innovations
As experts in innovative motion control, the Stabilus Group is one of the worldwide-leading companies in its sector. A brief overview of our competencies, vision, and position – and what customers, employees, and investors can expect from us.
Strategically well positioned for the future: With the STAR 2030 strategy – derived from “Stabilus Reloaded“ – the Stabilus Group has defined four specific spheres of activity for future success. The strategy defines our focal points as lucrative growth, customer and employee satisfaction, innovation, and sustainability.